photo MENU BUTTON- EAT_zpsomglq7km.png          photo MENU BUTTON- VISIT_zpsu0s5kzqy.png          photo BLOG REDESIGN-MAKE_zps1s3jq7cl.png          photo BLOG REDESIGN-SHARE_zpsehmjltb4.png          photo BLOG REDESIGN-DESIGN_zps9oipa4cf.png

Monday, May 04, 2015

Twenty One! ((and Some Other Stuffs))

We have been sharing lots of DIY posts lately, as they were the series of our Budget-Friendly Picnic Party. But we realized that we have not been updating about the current happenings of our life lately. I did update some things on Instagram, so I guess that it is a good idea to compile them here.



Both Yelny and I were very very busy during February 2015. We had this entrepreneurship subject in our university and we were in the same group called "The Secret Messenger". Basically the idea of our group was to sell Valentine gifts in various packages and deliver it to the students or lecturers in our campus on Valentine's Day. The unique feature is the fact that the buyer could hide his or her identity. Also, we are sending the packages wearing those pinky pinky costumes and with bunch of flowers and balloons. So, it's safe to say that our group took part in bringing more love atmosphere in our university. The best thing? Seeing people's surprised and delighted expression when they got the package! One thing that I am super duper grateful is that the amount of our profit was three times the capital! It was super unexpected because economical value was not what our group was looking for initially. Hard work truly paid off!


Not so long after Valentine's Day, we happily celebrated Chinese New Year. Since red envelopes are too mainstream, hopefully red balloons will do. And talking about red, my red hair color has completely washed off. Now only the ugly brown post-bleaching color remains. 


"There are countless blurred lights here. It pretty much equals the amount of happiness shares together with good friends"


I went to this exhibition called Secret Garden where every little thing of this place reminded me of Christmas. Well, can't help it with all the light and sparkles. The place is not too big and can be a bit boring for some. But my friends and I were enjoying our moment there, taking crazy pictures and videos lol. Thankfully, it was not crowded at all when we got there so it felt like the whole garden belonged to us for that one hour. 


I helped volunteering for ADGI Jakarta's event but ended up having fun in another exhibition during the break time. It was kind of agriculture and small-traditional business exhibition and, and they had this very beautiful flower installation! They were all real flowers, you guys! Can you imagine how ecstatic I was? Oh, and talking about the event itself, I have always enjoyed attending events like this. Basically, I am the type of person who would enjoy learning more from the field rather than from theories. 


And amidst of all the entrepreneurship class and going out and about, I managed to finish my portfolio which I am so proud of!!! I have not yet took proper pictures of what's inside. But if you saw it from the outside, yes, I stitched the logo on the fabric by myself. Yes, I made the hard cover on my own. And yes, I did the coptic stitch binding after failing numerous times prior to the real deal. This book is the result of my learning these past ((almost)) three years, and I am overwhelmed with the result. I am so so happy because this book also reflected my personality a lot. 

And a little inside jokes shared with fellow coptic-stitch-binder; "In Coptic We Trust, In Deadline We Rush"


After volunteering for Indoestri Day previously, I am so thrilled to be able to join them yet again on the second Indoestri Day. I am amazed to see how the industry has developed just in four months. It is always so nice meeting with new people and being in a place filled with so much passion and energy. Lots of amazing and inspiring people though the event itself was a bit tiring since it was held from morning to evening. 


Oh, and I got to munch this yummy and chocolaty cup of zeppole by afteraise. Looking forward to another Indoestri Day or possibly joining one of the classes in the future ;)


By now, you might have guessed that I love doing volunteer work. Especially when it is related to creative industry! This time, I was helping the exhibition held by ADGI Jakarta called "Designers' Response: Jakarta City". There was one artwork that I adored so much by Thinking*Room. Let's hope that I am diligent enough to write about the exhibition later. 


Red. Donut. What else do I have to say?




Store displays have been catching my attention lately. Possibly since the end of last year? I kept on taking pictures of store displays. Pictured above are beautiful shades of threads found in a craft store, cute balloons and flowers all in one store ((i can not)), and books! I have always loved reading but it's too bad I did not get to read as much books as I used to :( When I was in high school I would borrow numerous books from the school library. But now that in university, the books from the library there did not suit my preference that much. I guess it is time to start saving my money and invest on good books.


Just recently, I visited this awe-inspiring art market in Kuningan City. So many talented people all in one room! The exhibition that I have been attending were more into graphic design and the bazaars that I have been going were all food and fashion. So, it was like a breathe of a fresh air seeing illustration and visual art, What upset me was the fact that I somehow lost my one hundred thousand rupiah :'''( I think it fell somewhere when I was pulling out my money. I ended up going home feeling extremely sad. 


I watched one of a local Indonesian movie, titled Filosofi Kopi. It was one of the best Indonesian movies I have ever watched! The story is based on a short story written by Dee, my favorite Indonesian author. The story flows very well and the dialogues are super fun, not stiff at all. If you want to know more about how I thought of this movie, I wrote a long caption written in Bahasa on my Instagram.  


Here it comes, ((drumroll please)), Yelny is celebrating her 21st birthday on the first of May!!! Whoop whoop! Go and wish her the happiest birthday! Remember the birthday post we made before? So maybe next year I will make another post titled Twenty Two! Haha. Anyway, well wishes for you my partner!


Last but not least, I am having my internship right now! It has been a month already and I am enjoying this working life so far. The environment is great, the people are lovely and the atmosphere is very fun. I am obviously looking forward to how my journey continues as I venture as an intern in this branding consultant company. 

Well, there have been stuffs that happened to life these past months. We will see if I get more diligent and elaborate some of the interesting events that I have been through. But for now, that's it. See ya!

Cheers,
filicia


No comments :

Post a Comment